There are countless potentially harmful airborne pathogens in your home at any given time. These can often include: dust, pollen, bacteria, mold spores, pet dander, etc. Your air filter can act as the first line of defense in your home’s battle for cleaner air.
It is important to know that not all air filters are created equal and most HVAC air filters are not meant to improve the air quality in your home. Instead they are designed to provide some basic protection for your heating and cooling system. This is especially true for those cheaper, 1” throwaway filters. These cheaper options will fail to improve the quality of the air inside your home.
Additionally, poorly designed fiberglass filament filters allow particulates to build on the blower wheel and evaporator coil. Did you know that all it takes is a layer of dust less than 1/16 of an inch to reduce the efficiency of your blower wheel by 20%? A layer of dust on your evaporator coil can reduce the heat transfer by 25%.
At Academy Air, we believe in educating our clients on ways they can improve their indoor air quality and quality of living. Here are some of the high-quality air filters that we offer, that will improve the air in your home.
- HEPA Filters: HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance and they are designed to remove some of the tiniest of particles from the air in your home. In fact, in order to be considered a true HEPA filtration system, it must remove 99.97% of particles that have a size of 0.3 microns and meet the other parameters set by the Department of Energy. *
- Whole House Air Cleaners: These are designed to do more than any average air filter. Not only will they help protect your HVAC system from becoming clogged by pathogens, but they will also help clean the air in your home.
Why choose Academy Air for filters?
It is important to keep in mind that HEPA filters and other high-efficiency home air filtration products must be matched with your HVAC system. They increase the static pressure (a resistance to air flow) and if they are not properly installed, they may cause system failures or decreased efficiency. Our technicians are trained to properly assess the right air filtration for your family’s health while installing your indoor air quality devices, to help maximize your system’s performance.
*Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV)
MERV is the standard used when measuring the overall efficiency of an air filter. The MERV scale ranges from 1 to 16, and measures a filter’s ability to remove particles from .30 to 10 microns in size.
Attract and Trap Airborne Toxins
An air absorption based purifier is designed to absorb and trap airborne pathogens and gasses. We provide two great solutions using the most effective and economic option-carbon filters.
Carbon filters have their limits. While carbon filters do a great job at removing odors, we here at Academy Air believe in focusing on removing the source of odors a long-term solution to your indoor air quality concerns. Please see air purification and dilution for higher levels of IAQ.
- HEPA By-Pass Filters: Though the main focus of a HEPA is filtration, we offer a secondary carbon filter in our HEPA By-Pass Filter System.
- Carbon Filter Air Cleaners: This type of filter uses oxygenated carbon for contaminating and humidity absorption. This method attracts and holds both harmful gasses and offensive odors that pass through your home’s heating and cooling system. Replacement depends on the level of absorption needed.
Don’t just stop toxins and bacteria from getting into your home, eliminate them all together.
When you’re in your home you shouldn’t have to worry about whether you’re breathing potentially harmful toxins and with Academy Air, you won’t have to. We offer several air purification options that can help completely eliminate the indoor air pollution in your home.
- Ultraviolet Lights: Our ultraviolet filters use shortwave UVC energy to emit ultraviolet light that eliminates microorganisms, including mold and bacteria on nearby surface areas. Plus, these filters are easy to install right into your heating and cooling system.
- PCO & PHI Technology: This a method air purification that utilizes UN lights and a catalyst to create an effect that acts as a germicide for the air in your air ducts. These devices are easy to mount in your ducts of your HVAC system.
- Duct Cleaning: Overtime airborne bacteria, allergens, dust and mold can build up inside your ductwork and even clog your heating and cooling system. In order to prevent this from happening, we highly recommend thorough duct cleanings be done regularly.
Let us help you make your home a cleaner, healthier place for you and your family.
The air quality in your home is extremely important to you and your family’s health and quality of life. That is why a dilution system from Academy Air is the perfect solution to your indoor quality concerns. You will never need to worry about airborne pathogens like dust, dander, pollen or bacteria, with our dilution system.
How Does It Work?
Basically, an air dilution system dilutes the air in your home, by shooting a supply of disinfectant in the air, when it senses your indoor air quality decreasing. This process helps remove any potential harmful pathogens in the air you breathe. This is one of the simplest methods to improve the air quality in your home.
For our dilution systems we also offer our, Energy Recovery Ventilator. These are vents that we install onto your roof that release airborne toxins from your home, all while venting in fresh, cleaner air.
Breathe easier with Academy Air. Call us today at (314) 770-9800 or click here to have our experts evaluate your indoor air quality needs.