A boiler is a closed-up vessel filled with water or other fluid. When your home is in need of warm air, the boiler works by pumping the fluid it has kept heated throughout a piping system in your home.
Our boiler systems can be operated to meet several heating functions, including; central heating, water heating, boiler-based power generation, cooking and even sanitation. Boilers are a great alternative to standards furnaces or other traditional heating methods and they offer several other benefits:
- They run silently, making your home quieter.
- Provides even heat throughout your whole home.
- Works to reduce the spread of airborne pathogens by removing the need for vents and fans
We also offer two advanced boiler models:
- Radiant Floor Heating: This design uses your boiler system to warm the floors, keeping your home warm and comfortable even during the coldest winter days.
- Tankless Boilers: Tankless Boilers work a little differently, instead storing a constant supply of warm water, this model heats water on demand only. This device is smaller and more energy efficient than other heating solutions.
Our boiler systems are an excellent solution for all your family’s heating and cooling needs. Contact Academy Air today by phone at (314) 720-3580 or click here for more information on our boiler heating systems.
Radiant Floor Heating
Say Goodbye to Cold Feet!
What is the worst part about getting out of bed on a cold winter morning in St. Louis? Putting your bare feet on your cold floor. You can put an end to this unpleasant daily experience with our radiant floor heating solution.
Radiant heating is an in-floor heating system which uses your boiler to pump heated water or fluid through pipes located directly under your floor. The heat then radiates through the piping causing your floors to be warmer and more comfortable, regardless of the time of year it is.
As an added bonus, if you hate shoveling snow and putting out salt all winter, this water pipe system can be extended to outside to your walkways, patio and even your drive way.
Whether you want that first step out of bed to be warm against your feet or you just refuse to wear slippers, a radiant floor heating system is the right choice for you. Contact Academy Air today by phone at (314) 720-3580 or click here to learn more about our radiant floor heating systems.
A tankless boiler is the perfect option if you like the functionality of a traditional boiler, but you are looking for something smaller and less expensive.
How Does a Tankless Boiler Work?
A tankless boiler, also known as an on-demand boiler, removes the large tank needed by a traditional boiler and replaces it with a much smaller unit. So, when you turn on your heater or shower that tankless boiler will draw in water and heat it right then for instant heat.
Tankless boilers also offer several advantages over their traditional boiler counterparts:
- They run on less energy, about 20% to 40% less, because it doesn’t need to constantly heat water.
- Saves space, due to not needing a large tank, making it perfect for smaller homes or spaces
- Provides instant hot water to heat your home
- Has a life expectancy of 20 years, versus the 10 to 15 years of a traditional boiler
A tankless boiler is an exceptional method to warm your home. It saves energy, money and space!
Want to learn more about our tankless boilers? Call the experts at Academy Air at (314) 720-3580 or click here to have all of your questions answered!