Keep Your Home Running, Even When the Power Goes Out
Living in St. Louis means you never know when the next major power outage may occur. At Academy Air we understand the inconveniences and safety concerns that accompany a power outage. Even if your home is without power for a just a few hours, the experience can be a nightmare. Especially if that power outage takes place during extreme heat or cold temperatures.
There are two basic types of generators: portable and whole-home standby generators.
Portable generators are just that, portable and they can be useful in the event of a power outage to, power a few appliances at a time. They do have a couple drawbacks.
- One, they typically rely on a fuel source and you will need to keep going outside to refuel the generator.
- This type of generator has to be hooked up to the appliances, you want to power. Which usually means that you have to run outside, during a power outage, add fuel to your generator, hook up the appliances you want to power and then start up the generator, then you will need to keep going back outside to add more fuel to the generator.
- Portable generators have a higher likelihood of causing a fire and damaging equipment if used improperly.
Whole-home standby generators are a much more reliable option for keeping your lights on, during a power outage. Benefits of a standby generator include:
- The generator is installed into your home’s electrical system and most will turn on and start powering your appliances within a few seconds of a power outage. No work on your part!
- They are much more energy efficient, safer and convenient to use than a portable generator.
They come in different sizes, so you can choose the right option for your home; do you want to power your whole home at once or just a select few appliances and essential systems. The expert electricians at Academy Air can help you decide what the best generator solution is for your home.
Contact Academy Air today at (314) 770-9800 or click here to learn more about the generator services we offer and our whole-home standby generator options.